Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Flock: the social Web browser

All this Web 2.0 stuff is pretty new to me, but I don't think I'd even heard of Flock before [correction: Steve did mention it in the RSS Camtasia].
  • A Web browser especially for social browsing
  • Built on the foundation of Mozilla's Firefox architecture
  • Pulls users' preferred content into one place
  • Highly customizable
  • Has many supported services including Twitter, Blogger, and Flickr
  • FREE to download and use
  • PC World put it at no. 6 of the "Top 100 Products of 2008" (which must mean something -- even though 2008 is not over yet)
I'm downloading it and testing it out and will report back...

[Update:]

Okay, I'm editing this in Flock now.
It looks great, so far: tabs, 2.0-related tool bars, quick and easy RSS feeds, ability to star locations, add-ons... There's a lot to discover here.

Plus, it automatically imported all of my Firefox settings, including favorites. Very convenient.

[Update 2:]

I've been using it all week, and will probably continue to, at least some. Things I've liked: allows a Twitter side bar; smoothly installed StumbleUpon navigation bar; integrates RSS feeds; can log into accounts immediately; can edit blog posts within Flock; etc.

Here's a clip:

1 comment:

sm said...

That looks pretty cool. Although, I'll still only be able to use Firefox at work...